Welcome to the S.E.L.G. website
- Transporting the two ‘Cromptons’ to the East Kent Railway & their subsequent return to working order
- Our Cromptons at the Spa Valley Rly. (from 2003)
- 33063 named “R.J.Mitchell”, Sept. 2005
- The overhaul of 33065 (commenced 2011)
- Driver Experience days (also called Drive-a-loco)
- News and updates on other Crompton activity in the U.K.
- Articles on Crompton-related subjects; railtours and Class 33’s in bygone years, for example
LATEST NEWS :30/04/18
063 is to visit the North Norfolk Rly in June, featuring in their Mixed Traction Gala between the 14th and 16th of that month. The official announcement on the Weybourne Traction Group Facebook page can be viewed HERE (opens in a new TAB)
RECENT REPAIRS – the oil/water heat exchanger was opened up (after coolant draining) to clear suspected blockages with careful soft roding and blowing through with air. The water O ring was replaced and system refilled (subject to additives topping up to the correct strengths).
- Cab 2 welding is completed while welding repairs to Cab 1 are very nearly completed. The windows were due to be refitted.