Welcome to the S.E.L.G. website
- Transporting the two ‘Cromptons’ to the East Kent Railway & their subsequent return to working order
- Our Cromptons at the Spa Valley Rly. (from 2003)
- 33063 named “R.J.Mitchell”, Sept. 2005
- The overhaul of 33065 (commenced 2011)
- Driver Experience days (also called Drive-a-loco)
- News and updates on other Crompton activity in the U.K.
- Articles on Crompton-related subjects; railtours and Class 33’s in bygone years, for example
LATEST NEWS : 10th July 2019
063 performed faultlessly at the North Norfolk Rly back in June, featuring in their Mixed Traction Gala between the 14th and 16th of that month. There’s plenty of coverage on Youtube for starters (click on the link for a list of search results). And also on our open Facebook group.
But there’s even more travels planned this summer! 063 has been booked to appear at the Dean Forest Railway’s diesel gala over 13-15 September.
- Cab 2 welding is completed while welding repairs to Cab 1 are very nearly completed. The windows were due to be refitted.