Welcome to the S.E.L.G. website
- Transporting the two ‘Cromptons’ to the East Kent Railway & their subsequent return to working order
- Our Cromptons at the Spa Valley Rly. (from 2003)
- 33063 named “R.J.Mitchell”, Sept. 2005
- The overhaul of 33065 (commenced 2011)
- Driver Experience days (also called Drive-a-loco)
- News and updates on other Crompton activity in the U.K.
- Articles on Crompton-related subjects; railtours and Class 33’s in bygone years, for example
LATEST NEWS :12/03/18
Operated successfully during the Spring diesel gala over the weekend of 9/10th March.
Click here to see the 15-minute You tube video placed by “southern railway photographer” of the event.
(you’ll be prompted to log on to Facebook if not already logged in)
- Cab 2 welding is completed. Cab 1 is ongoing as time permits but it’s in a worse state to cab 2 so will take a bit longer.