8th CAMRA Real Ale & Cider Festival &
Autumn Diesel Gala
Friday 19th, Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st October 2018
Due to no steam availability, the weekend services will be diesel only, with 33063 featuring prominently.
1960′s Heritage Diesel Locomotives:
160+ Real Ales, 30+ Ciders, 25+ Green Hop Beers
FULL DETAILS ARE ON THE SPA VALLEY RAILWAY WEBSITE, Click on the FORTHCOMING EVENT box above
Welcome to the S.E.L.G. website
- Transporting the two ‘Cromptons’ to the East Kent Railway & their subsequent return to working order
- Our Cromptons at the Spa Valley Rly. (from 2003)
- 33063 named “R.J.Mitchell”, Sept. 2005
- The overhaul of 33065 (commenced 2011)
- Driver Experience days (also called Drive-a-loco)
- News and updates on other Crompton activity in the U.K.
- Articles on Crompton-related subjects; railtours and Class 33′s in bygone years, for example
LATEST NEWS : 19/10/18
An oil leak into the bedplate was overcome in July, just before the summer diesel gala in Aug. and all went well. The oil loss is down to “normal” levels!
063 will feature during the Beer festival, 19-21 Oct., alongside the visiting 25 and 31.
(you’ll be prompted to log on to Facebook if not already logged in)
- Cab 2 welding is completed. Cab 1 is ongoing as time permits but it’s in a worse state to cab 2 so will take a bit longer.