We are now approaching the Spa Valley Railway’s 2018 Beer Festival & Diesel Weekend!
Runs from Friday 19th October up to & including Sunday 21st October.
Lots of beer & Cider on offer, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Main Festival is in the Engine Shed at Tunbridge Wells West with additional beer’s etc on the trains and
at Groombridge & Eridge Stations.
Diesels that are running : “The Rat” D7612, “The Ped” 31 430 Sister Dora & ” The Crompton” 33 063 R J Mitchell.
Full details on The Spa Valley Web site including the timetables……
Great event and one not to be missed!
A Fine selection of Beers & Diesels, what’s not to like!!
Welcome to the S.E.L.G. website
- Transporting the two ‘Cromptons’ to the East Kent Railway & their subsequent return to working order
- Our Cromptons at the Spa Valley Rly. (from 2003)
- 33063 named “R.J.Mitchell”, Sept. 2005
- The overhaul of 33065 (commenced 2011)
- Driver Experience days (also called Drive-a-loco)
- News and updates on other Crompton activity in the U.K.
- Articles on Crompton-related subjects; railtours and Class 33′s in bygone years, for example
LATEST NEWS : 22nd July 2018
An oil leak into the bedplate has been under investigation since the spring.
(you’ll be prompted to log on to Facebook if not already logged in)
- Cab 2 welding is completed. Cab 1 is ongoing as time permits but it’s in a worse state to cab 2 so will take a bit longer.