The 2018 Summer Diesel Gala is approaching, Fri 3rd Aug to Sun 5th Aug inc..
One of the biggest events in the Spa Valley Rlys’s calendar, this should be one of the best yet.
Click on the FORTHCOMING EVENTS box above,
to go the SPA VR’s webpage for all the details.
A Crompton Running Day will also take place the day before (Thurs 2/8/18).
Details on the Spa VR website
Welcome to the S.E.L.G. website
- Transporting the two ‘Cromptons’ to the East Kent Railway & their subsequent return to working order
- Our Cromptons at the Spa Valley Rly. (from 2003)
- 33063 named “R.J.Mitchell”, Sept. 2005
- The overhaul of 33065 (commenced 2011)
- Driver Experience days (also called Drive-a-loco)
- News and updates on other Crompton activity in the U.K.
- Articles on Crompton-related subjects; railtours and Class 33′s in bygone years, for example
LATEST NEWS : 22nd July 2018
An oil leak into the bedplate has been under investigation since the spring.
(you’ll be prompted to log on to Facebook if not already logged in)
- Cab 2 welding is completed. Cab 1 is ongoing as time permits but it’s in a worse state to cab 2 so will take a bit longer.