Welcome to the S.E.L.G. website
- Transporting the two ‘Cromptons’ to the East Kent Railway & their subsequent return to working order
- Our Cromptons at the Spa Valley Rly. (from 2003)
- 33063 named “R.J.Mitchell”, Sept. 2005
- The overhaul of 33065 (commenced 2011)
- Driver Experience days (also called Drive-a-loco)
- News and updates on other Crompton activity in the U.K.
- Articles on Crompton-related subjects; railtours and Class 33’s in bygone years, for example
LATEST UPDATE : May 2022
IMAGES ON THIS WEBSITE – due to technical problems, some of the photos on this website are coming up as broken links. A resolution is being investigated.
The SELG AGM is taking place on Sat. 7/5/22, any members wishing to come along or join the Zoom broadcast please contact the Secretary. You should be in receipt of an email advising as such.
Since the Polar Express trains finished in December, ‘Reg’ has been on-stop for a number of months for electrical machinery cleaning amongst other things. Imminently, 063 is to have some heads lifted for new seals fitment.
- The loco has received two replacement engine room side doors, and new internal gutters. Replacing life expired (long ago) BRCW ironmongery. Bits continue to be removed and/or repaired.